On the 14th of November AustCham Beijing hosted the Hon. Adam Giles, Chief Minister for the Northern Territory, at a lunch with representatives of Australian and Chinese industry. The Chief Minister spoke of the potential for investment into the Territory, highlighting its rich endowment of natural resources waiting to be exploited. Chief Minister Giles also emphasised the proximity of the Northern Territory to Asia, where stronger trade ties between Asia and the Northern Territory would be mutually beneficial.
The Northern Territory Delegation included:
- The Hon. David Tollner, Treasurer, Minister for Lands and Planning, Minister for Mines and Energy.
- The Hon. Bess Price, Minister for Local Government and Community Services, Minister for Housing, Minister for Parks and Wildlife, Minister for Men’s Policy, Minister for Women’s Policy, Minister for Statehood.
- Francis Kurrupuwu, Member of the Legislative Assembly of the NT.
- Jon Taylor, Senior Adviser to the Office of Chief Minister.
- Luke Bowen, General Manager of the Northern Australia Development Office.
- Jennifer Hill, Director of the Department of Primary Industry and Fisheries.
- Jane Wange, Senior China Business Manager, Department of Mines and Energy.
- Tony Mayell, Chief Executive of Tourism NT, Michael Bridge Chair of Tourism NT.
- Tracey Hayes, CEO of NT Cattlemen’s Association.
- Shenal Basnayake, CEO NT Farmers Association.
- Drew Wagner, Executive Director Minerals Council of Australia, NT Branch.
- Greg Ireland, Chair of the Northern Territory Chamber of Commerce\
AustCham Beijing welcomes members to attend a complimentary lunch at the Four Seasons Beijing with a delegation led by the Northern Territory’s Chief Minister, the Hon. Adam Giles MLA. During the Chief Minister’s visit to China, he will lead a business delegation and showcase investment opportunities in Australia’s Northern Territory. As this is an exciting time for the development of Northern Australia, this will be a great opportunity to network with the Northern Territory delegation, AustCham members and Chinese investors. The objective of the trip is to promote the ‘development of the north’ and showcase investment and business opportunities in the region. In addition to the Chief Minister, the Northern Territory will also be represented by the Treasurer and Minister for Mines and Energy, Minister for Local Government and Community Services and Minister for Parks and Wildlife, and many others from the Northern Territory Government and business community.
Click HERE to find out more on the Northern Territory’s perspective on the Development of Northern Australia. To find out more details on the investment opportunities, read more on the NT’s investment prospectus HERE
Date: Monday, 14th December 2015 (Click here to add event to your Outlook calendar or iCal)
Time: 12:00PM – 1:30PM
Address: 48 Liangmaqiao Road, Chaoyang District/ 北京市朝阳区亮马桥路48号