Ian Tang grew up in Hong Kong, but developed a passion for Australia whilst studying in Melbourne in his secondary and tertiary years. Combining both his heritage and his adopted culture, he has been extensively involved with entrepreneurs and business owners in helping them gain access to markets in both Australia and China.
In 2010, Ian and his partners from Australia and Hong Kong founded the 123 AustChina Education Consultancy (Beijing) Company Ltd., which specializes in early childhood education, especially in the operation and investment of international standard kindergartens in China. The 123 Group traces its roots to Australia through its former co-operation with ABC Learning Centres, previously the largest kindergarten operator in the World. Chairman of the 123 Group is the Honourable Mark Vaile AO., former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia.
Prior to his position as CEO and Chairman, Ian was Executive Director and Vice President of IT start-up company Power Tong, a role he took up after several years as Director of an American-Chinese Joint Venture in the consumer goods industry.
- Chairman of 123 AustChina Education Consultancy (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- Board Director of SmartTrans Holdings Limited
- Vice Chair of the China-Australia Chamber of Commerce (AustCham Beijing)
- Chairman of Strategic Alliance Committee of the China-Australia Chamber of Commerce (AustCham Beijing)
- Honorary Chairman of the Australian Chamber of Commerce-Fujian & Xiamen Australian Investment Association
- Sydney Ambassador
- Honorary Business & Cultural Ambassador to the City of Ipswich, QLD Australia